Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. By participating in or utilizing park programs and facilities the user agrees to abide by all payment schedules, park and program rules and guidelines, and agrees all others participating will also abide by such rules. Usage is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the user consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Swimming and wading are not allowed.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Smoking, vaping or tobacco use is prohibited at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission owned and operated facilities, programs and events (to be implemented during the winter of 2024).
- Use designated boardwalks and access. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Holes on the beach must be filled in before departure as large holes pose a threat to sea turtles and humans.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Pets are not allowed at Lighthouse Inlet Heritage Preserve.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Smoking is prohibited on the beach and the beach accesses.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping
- Fishing requires a valid saltwater fishing license. More information can be found on the SC Department of Natural Resources website.
- Use of confetti, glitter, balloons, or water balloons is prohibited.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
City of Folly Beach Ordinances include:
- No possession or consumption of alcohol allowed on beach.
- No glass is allowed on the beach.
- No plastic, balloons, or styrofoam is allowed on the beach.
- No smoking is allowed on the beach or the beach accesses.
For a complete list, visit the City of Folly Beach Website
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.