This event has been canceled. We will continue to follow CDC guidelines for community events and these cancelations are subject to change. For more information on closures, schedules and precautions, please visit our alert page.
July 25, 2020
Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our third annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course.
Race Fee & Registration
- Register online for $45. Pre-registration is required and ends at 11:59PM Wednesday, July 15. Event subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment not met.
- There will be no packet pick up. Ages 7-10 will receive bibs and swim caps, and ages 11-15 will receive bibs, swim caps, and two loop bands (scrunchies) by USPS mail prior to the race. Please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m.
- Ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and 1-mile run.
- Ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, 6-mile bike, and 2-mile run.
- Helmets required.
- Participants are responsible for the safety of their own bicycle and onsite repairs.
- Participants are required to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will not be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered.
- Spectators are limited to two per participant and will be enforced for public safety.
- Age group awards will be presented to the top three males and top three females in the following categories: ages 7-8, ages 9-10, ages 11-12, and ages 13-15.
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site.
- T-shirts and awards will be mailed USPS post-race.
- Course Maps:
Pre-Race Swim Clinics
Youth Tri Swim Clinic registration is optional for an additional fee. You must register separately.
Open water swim clinics will be conducted by USA Triathlon Certified Coaches from Palmetto TRIbe. The clinics will be held on July 20 on the actual swim course at James Island County Park for an additional fee. Participants will have the opportunity to experience open water swimming and associated skills, while gaining confidence prior to race day. Register for clinic...