July 25, 2020
Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our third annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course.
Race Fee & Registration
- Register online for $45.
- Race day registration and packet pick-up available on-site at James Island County Park from 6-7 a.m.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m.
- Ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and 1-mile run.
- Ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, 6-mile bike, and 2-mile run.
- Age group awards will be presented to the top three males and top three females in the following categories: ages 7-8, ages 9-10, ages 11-12, and ages 13-15.
- All finishers will receive a finishers medal.
- Participants will receive free entry to Splash Zone Waterpark on Saturday after the event by presenting their 2020 Youth Triathlon finisher medal at the gate.
- Course Maps:
Pre-Race Swim Clinics
Open water swim clinics will be conducted by USA Triathlon Certified Coaches from Palmetto TRIbe. The clinics will be held on July 13 and July 20 on the actual swim course at James Island County Park for an additional fee. Participants will have the opportunity to experience open water swimming and associated skills, while gaining confidence prior to race day. Register for clinics...