Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk
A half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light, a grassroots non-profit organization that formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. Half Marathon is a run only event. The 5K is open to runners and walkers.
- Saturday, February 3, 2024
- Folly Beach Pier
Entry Fee and Registration
- Register Online
- Race Fees:
- 5K: $45 per person, ages 8 & up
- Half Marathon: $65 per person, ages 10 & up
- Registration ends Wednesday, January 31. On-site registration will not be available.
- Participants ages 8-15 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Shirts are not guaranteed for registrations received after December 26, 2023. Preview this year's design.
- Both the Half Marathon and 5K races start at 8:00 a.m.
- Early arrival recommended to allow time for parking.
- Packet pick-up will be available at The Tides Hotel on Friday, February 2 from 4-7 p.m., and on race day, Saturday, February 3 from 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Awards and post-race food provided.
- Overall winners determined by gun start. Age Group winners will be determined by chip time.
- Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course.
- Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Shirts are not guaranteed for registrations received after 12/26/23.
- Course Maps: