- Festivals & Events
- Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K
Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K Run/Walk
A half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light, a grassroots non-profit organization that formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. Half Marathon is a run only event. The 5K is open to runners and walkers.
- Saturday, February 4, 2023
- Folly Beach Pier
Entry Fee and Registration
- Register Online
- Race Fees:
- 5K: $42 per person, ages 8 & up
- Half Marathon: $60 per person, ages 10 & up
- Registration ends Monday, January 30. On-site registration will not be available.
- Participants ages 8-15 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
- Both the Half Marathon and 5K races start at 8:00 a.m.
- Early arrival recommended to allow time for parking.
- Packet pick-up will be available at The Tides Hotel on Friday, February 3 from 4-7 p.m., and on race day, Saturday, February 4 from 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Awards and post-race food provided.
- Overall winners determined by gun start. Age Group winners will be determined by chip time.
- Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course.
- Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Shirts are not guaranteed for registrations received after 12/26/22.
- Course Maps:
Race participants will be able to take advantage of a special group rate for the Tides Folly Beach Hotel during race weekend. Group rate rooms are subject to availability. Please contact the Tides directly and reference the Save the Light Half Marathon and 5K to book a room. The Tides Hotel can be reached at (888) 528-0730, or e-mail the reservations department.