Archery Range & 3-D Course
The six-target archery range at Johns Island County Park offers targets at 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards. The 3-D archery course is a shooting format in which archers walk a 20-target course (view course map PDF) through the woods and is set up to simulate a bow-hunting experience.
Range & Course Fees
- $2 per person or free to Gold Pass members
- No rental equipment is available; you must bring your own.
- Please sign the user log to help us track attendance.
- No smoking.
- No crossbows permitted.
- NO BROADHEADS! Field tips only.
- Archers shoot only from the marked SHOOTING LINE. “Walk-up” shooting is not allowed.
- Spectators or archers waiting their turn to shoot must remain behind WAITING LINE.
- Nock arrows only after the shooting area is cleared and shooters are on the marked shooting line.
- A command of “LINE HOT” means that shooting is starting.
- A command of “CLEAR” or “PULL” means STOP shooting and retrieve arrows. Archers must communicate commands with all archers on the shooting line.
- Never shoot arrows up in the air or in any direction away from the targets.
- Shoot only at provided targets. No personal targets are allowed.
- Do not hold the line up looking for arrows.
- No dumping of trash. Pack it in, Pack it out. Please do not litter.
- No possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
- Special rules may apply or range may be closed during special events.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- If you observe any unsafe conditions, report them immediately to Park Staff.
- No broadheads. Field tips only.
- No crossbows permitted.
- Stay on designated paths, and remain visible at all times.
- No horseplay allowed. Never shoot arrows up in the air or in any direction away from the targets.
- Shoot from one of three Shooting Stakes: yellow, blue, or red.
- No member of shooting group should step forward of the shooting position until all members have completed shooting at the numbered target.
- After shooting, hang your bow from numbered post hangers to indicatethat a shooter is present at that respective target.
- Maximum of six shooters per group. Anyone under the age of 16 must be under the supervision of a responsible adult.
- Do not move targets or alter the course in any way.
- Be courteous to other shooters. Refrain from talking while someone in your group is shooting. Allow faster groups to shoot through. Do not cause backups by looking for arrows.
- No littering. Pack it in. Pack it out.
- No pets permitted on course.
- You are at a family-friendly facility. Refrain from using inappropriate language.
- No smoking. No possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
- All participants must have paid admission.
- Course users are responsible for their own safety. Report unsafe behavor to park staff.
- Course may be closed during special events.
Wildlife Lives Here
The course winds through the forest, and you may encounter many forms of wildlife. Some are friendly, and some can be territorial. Please be aware of your surroundings and watch your step. If you encounter a snake, please just walk away. Most snake bites occur when humans engage or harass them. Please respect their habitat, and leave them alone.