The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Splash Island, Splash Zone, and Whirlin' Waters Adventure Waterpark.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Children 12 and under must be under the supervision of an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Outside food or beverages including alcohol are prohibited.
- The following personal flotation devices are allowed only with adult supervision: child’s innertube, with built-in seat, "swimmies," and bathing suits with built-in flotation.
- Children 2 years & under must wear swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase.
- Appropriate swimwear is required in order to participate in the aquatic attractions. Swimwear with hard plastic or metal embellishments is damaging to slides and not allowed. All clothing is subject to management review and discretion.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior, including line-jumping, running, dunking, pushing, diving, etc, are prohibited.
- Glass items, knives/sharp items, grills, boogie boards, or radios are not allowed.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas.
- Wannamaker, James Island, and Palmetto Islands County Parks’ rules also apply to all guests.
- To exit and re-enter the waterpark on the same day, you must get your hand stamped at the front admission gate.
- One chaperone is suggested for every eight children.
- Certain attractions have height restrictions as required by manufacturer guidelines.
- Life jackets are available in various sizes but are a shared resource. If your child needs a life jacket, please consider bringing your own.
- Inner tubes and mats are available.
- Full-day locker rentals are available.
- Food, drink and souvenir items available for purchase.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event the waterpark closes due to severe weather, patrons will be allowed a one-time redemption to re-enter the waterpark on a future date with a dated receipt. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.