Kiawah Beachwalker Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Kiawah Beachwalker Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with an approved application.
- Lifeguards are on duty seasonally and shall be obeyed at all times.
- Swim in designated area only. No swimming in adjacent rivers and inlets. Stay off and away from pier, groin, and any other man-made structures.
- Swimming and the use of showers will not be permitted during periods of inclement weather.
- No fishing and no use of boats, surfboards, or watercraft in the designated swimming area.
- Use designated boardwalks. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Holes on the beach must be filled in before departure as large holes pose a threat to sea turtles and humans.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles. For additional municipality regulations, visit this website: Town of Kiawah Website
- Please dispose of cigarette butts and other smoking paraphernalia in trash receptacles; do not leave on the beach.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Use of confetti, glitter, balloons, or water balloons is prohibited.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only
- Please walk bicycles and skateboards on boardwalks and ramps.
- Fires allowed in approved cooking grills only.
- No overnight parking or camping.
- No refunds or rain checks.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
Town of Kiawah Ordinances
- Dogs are allowed on the beach year-round however there are seasonal leash restraint rules. March 16 – October 31: Dogs must be leashed at all times. November 1 – March 15: Dogs are allowed to be off-leash. The owner must remain with their pet under control and have in their possession a leash. Pets must be leashed if requested by another beachgoer or by Beach Patrol. Clean up after your pets.
- No glass, metal shovels, plastic carryout bags, plastic straws, styrofoam, balloons or drones allowed.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.