Folly Beach County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Folly Beach County Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with an approved application.
- Lifeguards are on duty seasonally and shall be obeyed at all times.
- Swim in designated area only. No swimming in adjacent rivers and inlets. Stay off and away from pier, groin, and any other man-made structures.
- Swimming and the use of showers will not be permitted during periods of inclement weather.
- No fishing and no use of boats, surfboards, or watercraft in the designated swimming area.
- Use designated boardwalks. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Holes on the beach must be filled in before departure as large holes pose a threat to sea turtles and humans.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Firearms, fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles. For additional municipality regulations, visit this website: City of Folly Beach
- Smoking is prohibited on the beach and the beach accesses.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Use of confetti, glitter, balloons, or water balloons is prohibited.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only
- Please walk bicycles and skateboards on boardwalks and ramps.
- Fires allowed in approved cooking grills only.
- No overnight parking or camping.
- No refunds or rain checks.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
City of Folly Beach Ordinances
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10 am to 6 pm from May 1st to Sept. 30th. At all other times they must be leashed and under control. Pick up your dog’s waste and remove from the beach.
- No possession or consumption of alcohol allowed on beach.
- No glass is allowed on the beach.
- No plastic, balloons, or styrofoam is allowed on the beach.
- No smoking is allowed on the beach or the beach accesses.
For a complete list, visit the City of Folly Beach Website.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.