Where the Wild Things Run 5K
March 6, 2021
Walkers, joggers, and runners: come explore your wild side on the scenic nature trails at Caw Caw Interpretive Center. Caw Caw is actively managed for a variety of wildlife and a favored habitat for rare wildlife, so there is also the chance you may see a "wild thing" or two! Adults and kids alike are encouraged to take advantage of family-friendly yoga and readings from Maurice Sendak’s book, Where the Wild Things Are. After the race, stick around for the awards ceremony.
"This is one of the best kept 5K secrets in America. Sandy dirt roads, forest trails, grassy levees and boardwalk - all in one race! Absolutely spectacular."
Fees & Registration
- Pre-registration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 24. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- There will be no packet pick up. Bibs will be mailed via USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- Race begins at 8:30 a.m.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race. Awards and t-shirts will be mailed post-race.
- Please make sure your mailing address is complete, accurate and up to date.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
- Parent/guardian must sign waiver for participants 17 and under. Participants ages 10-15 may register, but must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Chaperones who are not registered are asked to stay in the parking area.
- Course Map (PDF)
- To help preserve and protect our natural resources and interpretive trails, dogs are not permitted.
- Please be aware that the course offers occasional areas of uneven terrain and varies from hard-packed trails with roots to grass and boardwalks. Strollers are not recommended.