Discover the Festival
This year's unique experience will allow you and your family to create special memories, all from the comfort of your own vehicle.
- Marvel at the millions of twinkling lights
- Tune to 1630 AM for park information and holiday music
- Enjoy mouth-watering treats from our drive-up concessions area View menu (PDF)
- Keep an eye out for the magical surprises we will have in store!
- Can I get out of my car and walk around this year? Festival visitors will not be allowed to leave their vehicles, except to use the designated restrooms. Concessions will be available to purchase from your vehicle, but "tailgating" will not be allowed anywhere in the park.
- How many times may I drive through? Please feel free to drive around the light show as many times as you would like!
- I'd like to bring my group out to the festival. Who should I call? Groups of 15+in large vehicles are asked to call James Island County Park at 843-406-6990 for a reservation. Reservations are recommended, but not required.
- Are there alternate routes to try to avoid the traffic? Please consider alternate routes to the Holiday Festival of Lights at James Island County Park, especially on busier weekend nights:
- From Folly Road (SC 171), turn right onto one of these roads: Camp Road, George L. Griffith Boulevard, or Grimball Road. Then, turn right onto Riverland Drive, and then make a final left turn into the festival.
- The park is at 871 Riverland Drive.
- The majority of vehicles traditionally come from other roads, so to decrease your travel time we suggest taking these different routes.
- What forms of payment do you accept? Cash and credit cards are accepted for admission and for purchasing concessions. You may also purchase advance admission online.
- Will the gift shops be open during the festival? Gift shops will not be open in the evenings during the festival this year, but we will have Santa’s Attic gift shop are open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. through December 31.
- Will I be able to visit with Santa? Santa will not be at the festival this year. However, Visits with Santa will be available during the daytime at the park by appointment only.