Folly Beach Pier
The new Edwin S. Taylor Folly Beach Fishing Pier pays tribute to the previous Lowcountry icon while welcoming our community and visitors for generations to come. Breathtaking views of the "Edge of America" are just some of the possibilities at the Folly Beach Fishing Pier, where you can find some of the best saltwater fishing in the area. The pier stretches 1,049 feet into the sparkling waters of the Atlantic Ocean, and is 25 feet wide and 22 feet above sea level.
- 7,500 sq. ft. diamond-shaped platform at the end of the pier
- Rod rentals
- Gangplank Gift & Tackle Shop
- Ice cream and snacks available for purchase
- Accessible restrooms
- Beach access
- Oceanfront dining at Pier 101 Restaurant & Bar
- Lifeguards (seasonal)
- Beach-accessible wheelchair available
Pier Hours and Fees
Pier & Gift Shop Hours
- January – March: 8 a.m. - Sunset
- April: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- May – September: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- October: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- November – December: 8 a.m. - Sunset
Pier gift and tackle shop closes 30 minutes before the pier closing time.
No Lifeguards on Duty
Lifeguards are not on duty at the Folly Beach Pier/Commercial District (3rd St. West to 2nd St. East).
Pier 101 Restaurant & Bar
See Pier 101 Restaurant website for hours.
Pets are not allowed on the pier. Pets on the beach must be leashed at all times. No pets are allowed on the beach during the hours of 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. from May 1 - September 30.
- January & February: $5
- March & April: $10
- May-Labor Day: $15 Monday-Friday and $20 Saturday-Sunday & holidays
- September & October: $10
- November & December: $5
There is no fee for walk-ins or bicyclists. School groups, please call 843-795-4386 for parking information.
Folly Beach Pier parking is no longer a Gold Pass benefit as of December 2020.
Due to limited parking, visitors are encouraged to arrive early, carpool when possible, and expect delays entering the parking lot. Due to limited turning radius in our parking lot, we are unable to accommodate RVs and buses.
- Adults: $5
- Children (12 & under) & Seniors (60+): $3
- Active military: $4
- Groups of 10 or more: $4 per person
Rod Rentals & Bait
- Full Day: $10 + $25 deposit
No pets, other than service animals, are allowed on the pier. Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. from May 1 to September 30. At all other times they must be leashed and under control.