Wannamaker County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Wannamaker County Park.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. By participating in or utilizing park programs and facilities the user agrees to abide by all payment schedules, park and program rules and guidelines, and agrees all others participating will also abide by such rules. Usage is subject to compliance with all laws and facility rules and the user consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with approved Liquor Liability Insurance coverage.
- Smoking, vaping or tobacco use is prohibited at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission owned and operated facilities, programs and events (to be implemented during the winter of 2024).
- Fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Amplified sound and music must be kept at low volume and free of explicit lyrics.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- Please stay on marked trails and paths.
- No swimming or wading allowed.
- Freshwater fishing is available in some areas of the park.
- All users of any canoe, kayak, boat, or paddleboard must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device at all times.
- Golf carts are prohibited on trails. Bicycles, electric bikes and similar devices are allowed on trails when ridden safely. These devices are not allowed on docks and should be walked on boardwalks and ramps.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping.
- Use of confetti, glitter, and water balloons and the release of balloons is prohibited.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles are permitted on designated roadways only unless otherwise stated.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
Respect alligators. Wetlands dominate this site and alligators are a natural, normal, and important part the ecosystem. Usually docile creatures, these reptiles can become aggressive as a result of being fed by people. If you see an alligator sunning on a trail, choose an alternate route. It is against state law to feed or harass an alligator.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.
Area may be closed periodically for inclement weather or maintenance.