Boat Landing Rules & Regulations
In addition to boat landing rules, please follow all South Carolina Department of Natural Resources Boating Regulations and the Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission Rules & Regulations (PDF) that govern all parks, facilities, and activities.
- Boat landings are under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement. Failure to abide by posted rules is grounds for ticketing, arrest and/or towing at owners expense.
- Pack it in, Pack it out! This litter control program is based on visitors taking from the boat landings all of the trash they brought with them. The cleaning and disposal of fish/shrimp/crabs/oysters at the landing is prohibited, except at SCDNR oyster shell collection sites.
- Tying to a floating dock for more than 15 consecutive minutes is prohibited.
- Consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants is strictly forbidden.
- Swimming at any boat landing is prohibited.
- Parking is limited and for active boat landing users. Landings are not to be used to store, load, or transport construction equipment; abandoning or parking boats or other equipment for more than 72 consecutive hours is prohibited.
- Please lock your vehicles and remove valuables from view. The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property.
Per Charleston County Code of Ordinances Section 14.5-4, Ordinance #1226, 8-13-02, it shall be unlawful to:
- Abandon or park any vehicles or trailers on the premises of any boat landing for a period of more than 72 consecutive hours.
- Transact any commercial functions (i.e. give or receive money or other goods and services in exchange for money) within the premises of any public boat landing.
- Utilize the parking areas of any public boat landing solely for the customers of any for-profit business.
- Use any boat landing to advertise any vehicle or trailer for sale.
- Utilize the boat landings for the storage, loading, or transportation of construction materials without a special permit or authorization of CCPRC.
- Utilize the parking spaces dedicated for vehicles with boat trailers for parking vehicles on weekends or holidays.
- Obstruct the boat launch or “make ready” lane with any vehicle or trailer for more than 15 consecutive minutes.