West County Aquatic Center Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern West County Aquatic Center.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation of the rules may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- Children 12 and under must be under the supervision of an adult 18 years of age or older.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed.
- Firearms are not allowed inside of buildings on park property. Permit holders are allowed to carry outdoors on park property.
- The following personal flotation devices are allowed only with adult supervision: child’s innertube with built-in seat, "swimmies," and bathing suits with built-in flotation.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior, including line-jumping, running, dunking, pushing, diving, etc, are prohibited.
- Children 2 years & under must wear swim diapers. Swim diapers are available for purchase.
- Appropriate swimwear is required in order to participate in the aquatic attractions. All clothing is subject to management review and discretion.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Glass items, knives/sharp items, grills, boogie boards, or radios are not allowed.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are prohibited.
- Showers, changing rooms, and diaper changing stations are available.
- Life jackets are available in various size but are a shared resource. If your child needs a life jacket, please consider bringing your own.
- To exit and re-enter the facility on the same day, you must get your hand stamped at the front admission gate.
- One chaperone is suggested for every eight children.
Severe Weather Policy
In the event the facility closes due to severe weather, patrons will be allowed a one-time redemption to re-enter the facility on a future date with a dated receipt. This offer is valid for the current season only. No refunds will be given.
Local law enforcement has jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.