McLeod Plantation Historic Site Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern McLeod Plantation Historic Site.
Charleston County Parks are family-friendly facilities, and we expect all guests to behave accordingly. Violation of the rules may be cause for removal from the facility without a refund.
Uneven surfaces, potentially hazardous wildlife, and weather extremes are part of the natural environment. Be prepared and stay aware.
- Stay near your children and watch them carefully.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed except in designated areas with an approved application.
- Firearms, fireworks, drones, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- Pets, other than service animals, are not permitted. For their safety, pets may not be left in vehicles.
- Profanity and disruptive behavior are prohibited.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Do not feed, harass, destroy or remove plants, animals, or artifacts.
- No bicycles, skates, skateboards or similar equipment allowed.
- No metal detectors, open fires, or overnight camping.
- Swimming and fishing are not allowed.
- Park in designated areas only. Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Access may be restricted due to special events, land management projects, or park maintenance.
- Visitors may take photos of the property with hand-held cell phones and/or cameras for personal use.
- Wedding and engagement photography are not allowed.
- All professional photo shoots (including, but not limited to, group or family shoots) and all photography involving equipment other than a hand-held camera or cell phone must be scheduled in advance with the park office.
- Time: Photo shoots must take place Tuesday-Sunday, 7-9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Fee: $100 per hour, 7-9 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. and $200 per hour after 6 p.m.
- Please call 843-762-9514 to make appointments or for additional information.
Local law enforcement and South Carolina Department of Natural Resources have jurisdiction at this facility.
Please lock your vehicle and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.