Palmetto Islands County Park Rules
The Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission has Agency Rules and Regulations (PDF) that establish uniform procedures for the administration of activities within all parks and facilities. In addition to the established agency rules, the rules set forth below also govern Palmetto Islands County Park.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed in designated areas with an approved application.
- Smoking will not be allowed within the safety surface of the playground area. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the Observation Tower.
- Radios must be kept at low volume.
- Fires allowed in cooking grills only.
- Removal or destruction of natural resources and wildlife prohibited.
- Metal detectors are not allowed.
- No swimming allowed in lakes, lagoons, ponds, or tidal creeks.
- Pets must be kept on a leash (except in designated off-leash areas), cleaned up after, and under control at all times.
- We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes.
- Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Please stay on marked trails and paths.
- Firearms, fireworks, remote control airplanes, and any dangerous projectiles are prohibited.
- No bicycles, skates, rollerblades, or skateboards allowed on docks. Please walk bicycles on boardwalks and ramps.
- Fishing allowed in tidal creeks with valid saltwater fishing license. More information can be found on the SC Department of Natural Resources website.
- All occupants of any canoe, kayak, or boat must wear a personal flotation device at all times while on any lake, lagoon or pond.
- Activities involving sales and solicitation require written approval from park management.
- Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.