Embrace the Summer Solstice
As the sun reaches its zenith in the sky, it's time to gather and celebrate the magic of summer, community, and the great outdoors with friends and family. Join us for a day of joy and connection in the heart of nature.
- June 20, 2024
- 6-8 p.m.
- James Island County Park
- Advance registration is $30 for ages 13 and up, and ends at 12 p.m. on the day of the event.
- Space permitting, on-site registration will be $35.
- Kids 12 and under are free and not required to register. A registered and paid chaperone is required for participants under 15.
- Group Rate: Receive a 20% discount when you register a group of 10 or more together. All tickets must be purchased at the same time. Discount applied at checkout.
- Admission includes:
- Yoga session in the beautiful meadow at James Island County Park
- One adult beverage
- One kid-friendly food item
- Event t-shirt (guaranteed for registrations before May 12)
- 6 p.m. - Groove to the rhythms of Reggae with Mystic Vibrations and be mesmerized by the Out on a Limb Circus
- 6:30 p.m. - Yoga in the meadow begins.
- 6:30 p.m. - A kids yoga class provided by Empowered Minds will be offered at the same time.
- 7:30 p.m. - Join the Acro Yoga Jam
- Event cancellation and refund policy.
- Rain date is Thursday, June 27.
- Open to all levels and abilities.
- Food will be available for additional purchase. Alcohol will be available for purchase. Valid ID is required.
- No pets allowed.
Please contact Park & Program Services by email or by phone at 843-795-4386.
Meet the Instructors
Yoga Flow with Caroline Nash
A lifelong teacher, Caroline has taught everything that she loves...education, cheerleading, gymnastics, group fitness, personal training and YOGA. She teaches the things that she is passionate about to share that passion and love with others. She has a strong love for yoga + movement and is inspired daily by what she learns on and off the mat. As a teacher, she hopes to convey confidence in her students so they feel strong enough to not shy away from a challenge and comfortable enough to stay in the integrity of their body.
She is a 200hr -E RYT and has been teaching yoga for over 10 years and leading Yoga Teacher Trainings for over 4 years. She loves that she owns this sweet lil yoga studio in the heart of Avondale, Community Yoga, where she has an amazing team of teachers who help her create this space where all who come feel welcome to move and breathe and connect to themselves and others mind, body and soul.
Yoga Flow with Kate Moon
Kate Moon found yoga in 2014 when her journey into lifelong recovery from drugs and alcohol began. It became an adjunct practice along with many others that provided healing for her physically, mentally, and spiritually. Since then, Kate has attended multiple trainings to deepen her knowledge and passion for the practice that she feels helped save her life. She is an E-RYT500hr + yoga teacher today who leads Creative Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Trainings and is widely known for her RISE Yoga Retreats, hosted all over the world that incorporate yoga, adventure and deep self-study. Kate just opened Flow State Wellness Studio in downtown Charleston which offers a variety of yoga classes and wellness workshops for both new and seasoned practitioners.
As a teacher of the physical practice of yoga, Kate strives to provide a safe space for students to explore both traditional yoga postures and nontraditional movement guided with the breath, and often incorporates out of the box transitions inspired by dance, primal movement, and functional fitness techniques, making her classes playful and empowering!
Yoga Meditation with Kelly George
Kelly, the founder of still soul studio and still space Charleston, is a Charleston business executive and mom who found her life shifted when she began a yoga and meditation practice. Kelly studied meditation with Deepak Chopra and is a certified meditation teacher with the Chopra Center for Well-Being in California. Having practiced meditation at studios in Los Angeles and New York, Kelly was inspired to bring the concept to Charleston with still soul studio, a welcoming space located in the heart of Downtown Charleston for meditators of all levels. For more than 20 years, Kelly has dedicated her work and passion to helping individuals and organizations identify and achieve their goals for personal and professional excellence. She holds a B.A. in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an M.A. in Counseling Psychology along with an Ed.M in IO Psychology from Columbia University in the City of New York.