July 24, 2021
James Island County Park
871 Riverland Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our second annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course.
- Participants ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, a 6-mile bike, and a 2-mile run.
- Participants ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and a 1-mile run.
- Advanced Race Fee: $45
- On-Site Race Fee: $54
- Preregistration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13 at 11:59 p.m.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m.
- There will be no packet pick-up. Bibs and swim caps will be mailed USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate. Participant t-shirts will be mailed post-race.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race - awards will be mailed via USPS.
- Participants are required to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will be set up on course but with limited service.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers, and parents/chaperones permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
- Bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs on your own.