July 14, 2019
James Island County Park - Park Center Boat Dock
James Island County Park
871 Riverland Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Sunday, July 14, 2019
Walk Up SUP are quick-start stand up paddleboarding classes taught by ACA-certified instructors at James Island County Park. Each one-hour lesson will teach you the basics of stand up paddleboarding, from proper stance and form to safety. Just walk up to learn to SUP - no preregistration required!
June - August
- Saturdays, 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Sundays, 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
Class Notes & What to Bring
- Meets at the boat dock next to the Park Center at James Island County Park
- $18 per person
- No preregistration needed
- Six students per class taught on a first-come, first-served basis
- Ages 10 & up. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear a swim suit/nylon shorts and shoes that can get wet and will stay on your feet in the water - no flip-flops
- Sun protection (hat, glasses, and lotion)
- Water bottle
If you need additional assistance or information, please call us at 843-795-4386.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property. Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.