James Island County Park
We invite you to enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round fun for the entire family.
- Open meadows
- Saltwater fishing* and crabbing
- Seasonal spray play fountain
- Miles of paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- Picnic spots with tables and grills
- Dog park
- Sand volleyball court
- Horseshoe pits
- The Campground has 124 sites and 10 vacation cottages along the Stono River marsh.
- The Climbing Wall
- Splash Zone Waterpark (seasonal)
- Teambuilding and adventure learning programs at The Challenge Course
- 18-hole disc golf course
- Bicycle, pedal boat, stand up paddleboard, and kayak rentals
- Covered shelters and meeting and reception facility rentals
Park Hours & Fees
- January - April: 8 a.m. - Sunset
- May - August: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- September & October: 8 a.m. - Sunset
- November-December: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Gate closes to incoming traffic 30 minutes before park closes.
- Boat and bike rentals open at 10 a.m.
- The Spray Play Fountain is open April 1 – September 30 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., except for Wednesdays, when it opens at 12 p.m.
- The dog park is closed on Wednesdays from 7 - 9 a.m. for routine maintenance.
- $2 per person
- Free: Gold Pass members and children two & under
- $1.50 per person: Educational group fee, Monday-Friday. Call Park & Program Services at 843-795-4386 for details.
Boat & Bike Rentals
- Bicycle: $5 per hour
- Two-Seat Pedal Boat: $5 per ½ hour or $7 per hour
- Four-Seat Pedal Boat: $7 per ½ hour or $9 per hour
- Single Kayak: $4 per ½ hour or $6 per hour
- Double Kayak: $5 per ½ hour or $7 per hour
- Stand Up Paddleboard: $12 per hour
All boat/paddleboard rentals to ages 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult.