Climbing Wall Rules & Safety
Climbing safety involves more than just making sure climbers have the proper equipment. Safety is our top priority, and we are committed to maintaining a safe and welcoming atmosphere at all times. Personal responsibility is an essential concept that everyone should grasp before attempting to climb at our facility. It is your job to ensure that you receive the appropriate instruction so that you know how to get back down to the ground safely.
- Prior to belaying, potential belayers must pass a belay test. There are separate tests for both top rope and lead climbing. Top rope and lead belayers must be 14 or older, unless participating in a CCPRC instructional program.
- Helmets are available free of charge.
- Outside personal equipment is welcome, but must be approved by staff prior to use (harnesses, belay devices, etc.).
- Climbing involves physically strenuous activity and participants should be in reasonably good condition. Anyone with preexisting conditions or health concerns should consult with their physician prior to climbing.
- All climbers must check in at the front desk before climbing.
- All climbers must complete a current year Activity Waiver. Children under 18 years of age MUST have their waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- All lead climbers must be certified by a Climbing Wall employee.
- No bouldering above 14 feet.
- No screaming (this is a noise we reserve for emergencies only).
- No climbing above or below other climbers.
- The Climbing Wall is a substance-free facility. No alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes or other drugs allowed. Smoking is not allowed within the Climbing Wall and Challenge Course facilities, including all picnic tables and bench seating areas.
- Pets must be leashed and under control at all times.
- Pull-up equipment (rings, etc.) are intended for use by teenagers age 14 and older. Children under 14 years old must be directly supervised by an adult.
- No swinging or pulling on the ropes.
- All climbers must wear shoes while climbing. Street shoes or other footwear are allowed as long as toes are covered. “5-Finger” type shoes are not allowed.
- No personal ropes or quick-draws may be used at The Climbing Wall.
- Staff has the right to revoke climbing privileges either temporarily or permanently for unsafe behavior.