Try It Zone
Saturday, April 21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Sunday, April 22, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Your Try It Pass allows you to participate in all the Try It Zone activities and demo many of the great water crafts and bikes that we'll have on-site. These activities promise to put action in your weekend, and after you enjoy all that the festival has to offer, you will be well-equipped for your next outdoor excursion.
Please remember to bring closed-toe shoes if you want to participate in climbing or mountain biking. For paddling programs, shoes that can get wet and will stay on your feet in the water are best (flip-flops not recommended).
What's It Cost To Try It?
- Purchase your Try It Pass at the festival for $10.
- Children 12 and under are $8 with an accompanying adult pass.
Try It All!
Archery is an age-old activity that has become a fast growing sport for the entire family. Learn safe practices of archery, have some fun, and get your chance to shoot a bull's-eye! 2018 competition results (PDF)
Step out of the gym and onto a board! Stand-up paddleboarding meets yoga in a beginner-friendly setting with no current or tide. SUP Fitness builds on the foundation of paddleboarding and core stability by adding elements of cardio, balance, strength, and flexibility. SUP Yoga classes are open to ages 16 and up and offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In Gentle yoSUP, participants to focus on poses to stretch and strengthen the torso, hips, and legs while quieting the mind and creating a state of ease through breath and relaxation. Open to all skill levels.
- In Power yoSUP, participants flow from one pose to another using breath as an anchor to increase strength, flexibility, and calorie burn. Yoga and paddleboarding experience preferred.
- 8:30-9:15 a.m. Gentle yoSUP with instructor Seth Cantley.
- 1-1:45 p.m. Power yoSUP with instructor Martha Criscuolo.
- 5:15-6 p.m. Power yoSUP with instructor Martha Criscuolo
- 8:30-9:15 a.m. Gentle yoSUP with instructor Seth Cantley
- 1-1:45 p.m. Power yoSUP with instructor Martha Criscuolo
Bike Obstacle Course
Strap on your helmet and hop on a mountain bike. This is a great opportunity to try your two-wheeling skill on a few obstacles. Try at your own risk...the tumultuous “table top” feature!
Have you come to this event to paddle? If you said "yes," then we’ve got great options for you. You can demo boats from the vendors and from the TRY IT area…try our sea kayaks, SUP’s, canoes, and more!
Mountain Bike Short Track
Check out one of our mountain bikes or bring your own to take a ride on the 1-mile single track trail. If you need take a short jaunt to burn some calories, challenge yourself, or just get away from the crowd, then this is a great spot for you.
Challenge your family and friends to a few activities that are fun, interactive, lively, and bound to give you some laughs. Everyone will need physical and mental prowess to complete these brain teasers!
Disc golf is a casual and fun activity that provides individuals with a new way to get into the outdoors. Steady your hand and score an eagle on the three-hole disc golf course.
Enjoy the festival from a new perspective…25’ in the air! If that is not enough, try our 50’ wall which is within walking distance of the main event. Either way, your climbing fix will get fixed!
How’s your balance? Center your “chi” and become a “Flying Wallenda!” Well maybe not quite a Wallenda, but it does make for a good story.
Cardboard Canoe Race
Sunday, April 22 at 11:30 a.m. - Young master boat builders and their families will love the annual Cardboard Canoe Race. We'll give you all the supplies you need to make a seaworthy vessel to paddle around the lake. Get ready to race, kids! Registration is available on-site, and the race is free with a Try It Pass.