Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series
The Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series at James Island County Park features a 600-yard freshwater swim, 12-mile bike ride, and 5K flat run. Over 30,000 people have raced the series over the years, and the series has been honored as one of the Top Ten Charleston Signature Sport Events by the Charleston Metro Sports Council.
2021 Race Dates & Registration
- May 23
- June 20
- July 11
- July 25
- August 8
Rates will increase on March 1, 2021. Pre-registration ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. Thursday prior to each race. On-site registration available Saturday 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.. Race day registration available from 6 a.m. - 7 a.m. at an increased fee.
Participants must be comfortable swimming 600M in open water and riding a bicycle on roads open to traffic. Parent/guardian must agree to waiver for participants 17 and under.
- Pre-registration is required. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- Packet pick-up will be available on-site from 6 a.m.-7 a.m. on race day. Participants receive one t-shirt per series.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race - awards will be mailed via USPS.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Race will be conducted by wave start.
- Participants are encouraged to bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs.
- New! 2021 Charleston Sprint Triathlon Ball Caps and Visors available for $15. Simply add the item/s to your cart during registration. Pre-orders available until 7/12. Pick up onsite at Championship Race 8/9. Unclaimed orders will be mailed USPS to address on file. Limited quantities will be available for purchase at Championship Race 8/9.
Sprint Triathlon Swim Tune-Ups on the course will be hosted throughout the series and are available for preregistration. Register online or call (843) 795-4386.
Does your little athlete want in on the action? Our Youth Triathlon is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience the fun in a safe and well-monitored course!