Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series
The Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series at James Island County Park features a 600-yard freshwater swim, 12-mile bike ride, and 5K flat run. Over 30,000 people have raced the series over the years, and the series has been honored as one of the Top Ten Charleston Signature Sport Events by the Charleston Metro Sports Council.
2020 Race Dates & Registration
Preregistration is required.
Register online. The race begins at 7:15 a.m.
- Individual races: $55
- Championship race: $60
2020 Race Updates
- Participants must be comfortable swimming 600M in open water and riding a bicycle on roads open to traffic. Parent/guardian must agree to waiver for participants 17 and under.
- Preregistration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, June 30. On-site registration will not be available. Spaces are limited and the event is expected to sell out.
- There will be no packet pick up. Bibs and swim caps will be mailed USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate. Participant t-shirts will be mailed post-race. Participants receive one t-shirt per series.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race - awards will be mailed via USPS.
- Participants are required to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will not be set up on course.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
- Bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs on your own.
Swim Tune Ups
Register for our Swim Tune Ups to sharpen your open water swimming skills. Held on the actual Charleston Sprint Triathlon swim course, each class is led by a Blue Sky Endurance triathlon coach. Leave with an in-depth knowledge of the swim course and insider tips to gain confidence, increase efficiency, and improve times.