Folly Beach County Park Guidelines
We urge you to stay near your children and watch them carefully. There is always a danger of rip currents and hazardous water conditions. Watch for hidden deep spots which can be caused by wave action. There is also a possibility of bites or stings from certain species of marine life.
- Obey lifeguards at all times.
- Swim in designated areas only.
- Parents should remain with children at all times.
- Boats, surfboards, and motorized watercraft are not permitted in the designated swimming area.
- Fishing is not allowed in designated swimming areas.
- Pets must be kept on a leash, cleaned up after, and under control at all times.
- Use designated crossovers. Trespassing on dunes is prohibited by law and subject to fines.
- Motorized vehicles permitted on designated roadways only.
- Fires allowed only in approved cooking grills.
- Removal or disturbance of natural resources or wildlife is prohibited.
- No refunds or rain checks.
- Firearms, fireworks, and other dangerous projectiles are prohibited. Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission does recognize a valid South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit.
- Swimming and the use of showers will not be permitted during periods of inclement weather.
- Activities involving sales or solicitation require the permission of park management.
- Please walk your bicycles on boardwalks and ramps.
- Alcoholic beverages are only allowed at the Pelican Watch
- Shelter with an approved application.
- Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property.
City of Folly Beach Ordinances
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. from May 1 to September 30. At all other times they must be leashed and under control.
- No possession or consumption of alcohol allowed on beach.
- No glass is allowed on the beach.
- No plastic, balloons, or Styrofoam is allowed on the beach.