Folly Beach County Park
1100 West Ashley Avenue
Folly Beach, SC 29439
(843) 588-2426 or (843) 795-4386
January & February: 10:00am - 5:00pm
March & April: 10:00am - 6:00pm
May – Labor Day, 9:00am – 7:00pm
September & October: 10:00am - 6:00pm
November & December: 10:00am - 5:00pm
On the west end of the island, situated between the Atlantic Ocean and the Folly River, beachgoers will find Folly Beach County Park. Lifeguards are on duty seasonally along a beautiful beachfront designated swimming area. Skimmer Flats, a major Eastern Brown Pelican rookery, is visible at the west end of the park. Dogs are not permitted on the beach from 10am and 6pm from May 1 through September 30. At all other times, the dog must be on a leash.
Beach Park Features
- Portable restrooms (handicap-accessible)
- Seasonal View Schedule
- Outdoor showers*
- Snack bar
- Retail area
- Beach chair & umbrella rentals
- Gold Pass Members: Free Parking
- Standard Vehicles
- January & February: Free
- March & April: $7
- May - Labor Day:
- Monday-Friday: $7
- Saturday & Sunday: $10
- September & October: $7
- November & December: Free
- RV/Campers: $20 Daily Parking
- Buses/Large Vehicles: $40
- Walk-Ins/Bicyclists: Free
- School Groups: Call (843) 795-4386 for details.
- Beach Chair: $10 per day
- Beach Umbrella: $10 per day
- Combo Rental: 2 Chairs & 1 Umbrella: $25 per day
- Umbrella Rental after 4 p.m.: $5
- Chair Rental after 4 p.m.: $5
Due to limited parking at Folly Beach County Park, visitors are encouraged to arrive early, carpool when possible, and expect delays when entering the park. Groups using the Pelican Watch Shelter are not permitted to bypass the line and must follow all traffic laws and direction from park management.
*No soap or shampoo at showers, please.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.