The Campground at James Island County Park
|Big Winter Savings
At the Campground & Cottages
Enjoy savings of up to 30% off during January and February! Learn more...
871 Riverland Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Call (843) 795-4386 for availability and reservations.
|Camping at its Best
- Full-service campground store
- Full hookups
- Propane, ice, and firewood sales
- 20/30/50 amp service on all sites
- 24-hour staffing
- Activity center
- Wheelchair-accessible sites
- Free Wifi
- Grills/fire rings
- Picnic tables
- Ceramic bathhouses
- Dump station
- Pull-thru sites (80ft.)
- Laundry facility
- Paved roads
- Primitive campsites
As our Campground guest, we invite you to enjoy the natural beauty of James Island County Park, with year-round enjoyment for the entire family. Just a short drive from downtown Charleston, the 643-acre park offers an abundance of exceptional recreation offerings and natural beauty.
- Open meadows
- Miles of paved trails for walking, biking, and skating
- 16 acres of freshwater lakes with fishing
- Seasonal Splash Zone Waterpark (additional fee)
- Pedal boat, kayak, and bicycle rentals
- Modern playground area
- Tidal creek fishing and crabbing dock
- Seasonal spray play fountain
- Meeting facilities and picnic areas
- Off-leash dog park
After enjoying what the park has to offer, guests can visit other areas of Charleston by hopping on our round-trip shuttle service to the downtown Convention & Visitor Bureau, Folly Beach Fishing Pier, or Folly Beach County Park for only $10 per person.
Clubs, groups, and caravans are welcome visitors in our campground. Call for a reservation, and our staff will be eager to assist in your next group camping event.